Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. For the first time in years maybe ever, it was just the four of us. We decided not to have a turkey but to have a little King crab and tenderloin feast. I have to admit I missed smelling the turkey cooking during the day. We spent the day getting our Christmas decorations out and putting up our Christmas lights. Oh, and of course playing family football. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving to Connor if we didn't have our Thanksgiving family football bowl............ as an added bonus the Broncos played in the evening and won!!

We missed being with extended family but all and all it was a nice day. It was a beautiful sunny Colorado day!




8 comments:

blueviolet said...

Everyone looks so happy! I'm glad you had a wonderful day! Football and Thanksgiving do seem to go together, don't they?

Sheri said...

So instead of calling "the drumstick," your kids could call, "the claw!"

Sounds like a wonderful family day!

Terra said...

Bonnie it does sound like it was a great day! Sometimes the quiet of family can be great.

Lindsay said...

aww sounds like a perfect day! Yum King crab :-)

Anita said...

Most Thanksgivings it's just us 5. My family is all in TX, and Kevin's brothers are spread out all over.
I'm not a huge turkey fan, so your dinner looks good to me!

The Casual Perfectionist said...

Mmmm, looks like you had quite the feast! :)

Adventures In Babywearing said...

How nice. I'd like to have a "just us" holiday sometime. Ours was small with just my parents coming over. It was so calm.

Steph

The Bailey Family said...

What a nice Thanksgiving -you all look so relaxed! King Crab on Thanksgiving?! I might do that next year! YUMMY!!