Sunday, April 1, 2012

What has Connor been up to you ask??

Connor has been busy with rehearsals, filming..etc..  You know what they say "That's Showbiz!!"  
(oh boy if he sees this line, he's going to think it's sooo corny, lol. That's okay, I am definitely not known for my coolness anyway, especially these days,  so it won't be a surprise.)

Anyway, Connor auditioned for a movie his school is filming. They have a really elaborate tech department which Connor had the opportunity to utilize when he was part of the morning news. The tech teachers along with the Drama teacher came up with the idea of filming a movie over the course of the school year and show it at the end of the year. It's based on "The Breakfast Club" movie that came out in 1985.


So Connor auditioned and won the part of "Bender". It's the part played by Judd Nelson in the movie. I googled it and they called him (the criminal). I prefer to think of Connor's part as the "bad boy". haha

I was at the school the other day and noticed they have posters everywhere of the kids in their costumes, in a pose similar to the one above. I wish I would have taken a picture. I will try to get one next time. Actually we are going to try to get a poster to keep.

In the meantime he is also rehearsing for the Spring Musical. They are performing "High School Musical". Connor has the part of the Basketball coach who is also the main character, Zach Efron's (part) dad.



Connor is planning to continue with drama next year in High School, yes High School, sigh...

His drama teacher wrote a letter of recommendation for Connor to be able to start in Drama II, rather than starting at the first level. I believe that will mean Connor will have a little more of an advantage to be in more of the high school performances.


As always Con, we are so proud of you and can't wait to see your performances!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I am soooooo excited to see these staring the Con Man(ooops I hope I'm invited). Anyway, I think you're cool. A lot cooler than Molly Ringwald was 27 years ago.

Anonymous said...

whew he has been busy!! Sounds like he is loving every minute of it though! Since I can't come I expect to see parts of both of these! ;-)

Terra said...

Oh Bonnie, this is SO SO SO cool! I do want to see the poster...take a picture please!