Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What's Cookin' Wednesday

One of Mark and Susie's favorite christmas candies is Almond Toffee Crunch. We used to buy it from Stephanies buy they went out of business. I decided to try to make it myself this year. It turned out pretty good but Mark had a couple of "suggestions" that he thought would make it better next time. Enjoy.

Click to play Almond Toffee Crunch
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


We also made our Gingerbread houses yesterday. Grandma Dot helped me build the houses, get the boys started and clean up.. Thank you Grandma! I was inspired by Terra's Post where her and her beautiful girls were decorating theirs. Note to self..girls are different from boys. Mine did good for a while but when I left the room they were fighting with their little candy gingerbread men..breaking off their heads, legs..etc. They thought it was hilarious. I thought it was disturbing and not quite the Norman Rockwell Christmas memory I was trying to create.. Anyway we had fun.. I think. A little tip. My friend Helen gave me the idea of using Halloween candy to decorate with. The skittles, hot tamales and tootsie rolls work well, and helps get rid of the candy if by now you have not.

Click to play Gingerbread houses
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hahahahaha! Getting a great visual of the boys using their houses as bomb targets in a war zone.

Bonnie said...

And if that isn't bad enough Mark asked them if they would like to shoot them with their bb guns after Christmas..fa la la la la..la la la la

The Bailey Family said...

They turned out great Bonnie!! Boys will be boys, right??!