Saturday, December 5, 2009

Decorating the tree

Well we've had our tree up for days but I've been a little under the weather so we hadn't decorated it. I woke up this morning finally feeling better... after about 10 days! I thought maybe I had a sinus infection. I finally broke down and went to the Dr. yesterday. She said it could be an infection or it could be viral. She gave me a prescription for an antibiotic. I decided not to fill it right away because if it was viral it would go away on it's own. I'm convinced that it was because I decided to break down and pay my $30 co pay that I'm now on the mend.. Wouldn't you just know it.

Anyway since I was feeling better we decided to decorate the tree this morning. Connor said he didn't want to because it was too light outside. At first I thought he was on one of his emotional roller coasters that he's been going on lately but after some thought I understood that the ambiance just wasn't right for decorating. After awhile he came around though and we did get it decorated.

Do you have any traditions when it comes to putting up and decorating the tree? We usually put ours up close to Thanksgiving, either the day after or the weekend. The boys usually do the majority of putting on the ornaments. They love to look at ornaments from years past. Alex especially enjoys finding his "1st Christmas ornament". He also has several penguin ornaments. Connor loves moose and has several moose ornaments that are special to him. Grandma (Susie) has given us many ornaments over the years and we always enjoy seeing them. Grandpa (Dick) has a special shamrock santa that he made one year... Mark and I still have one from our first Christmas together. I especially love the ones the kids have made at school over the years. I think they become more special each year that goes by.

Here are a few pictures...

From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009


From Decorating the tree 2009

9 comments:

Terra said...

I am glad yours is done! We bought ours Friday and brought it int he hosue to rest - last night Todd and I lit it and today the girls will hang the ornaments! We do it that way every year...it is so much easier to light without kids around but as Hailey gets older I am sure that will change. I am glad it is snowing today...adds to the spirit I suppose!

Sheri said...

I hope you are feeling better. Usually paying the co-payment is the first step on the road to recovery! :)

I love it that the boys have on their Broncos wear. Go team!

Dogs look like they are getting into it too.

We have lots of Christmas decorating traditions. I just love this time of year!

Lindsay said...

oo forgot to say I love your tree and your decorations so pretty!!

Lindsay said...

aww love it! We usually get our tree the first weekend in December. So we got ours on Friday. We put the lights on then. Saturday night we put the ornaments on. Sammy was able to help this year it was really fun!

blueviolet said...

Mine goes up around the same time yours does. Except I have to do it myself, which takes a lot of the fun out of it!

Yours is beautiful!!!

The Bailey Family said...

I'm glad you're feeling better...what a drag. Your tree is beautiful!

Courtney said...

I am glad you are feeling better and the tree looks great. We will be getting our's next saturday. We go real in our livingroom :)

P.S. thanks for stopping by. I took alittle hiatus and it was good to hear from you. I must catch up!!

Shelley Hartman said...

It's fun to see your living room dressed up for the holidays! Plus, I got to see your pup healthy and well, since I haven't seen him since you brought him home. I too am happy to hear you're feeling better.

kel said...

Looks fantastic! We always do ours on December first and it comes down the last day of the month!

You tree looks fantastic and I loooove your dogs! so cute!