Thursday, February 17, 2011

Skylar and the Squirrel

Our little Italian Greyhound Skylar is obsessed and I do mean OBSESSED with squirrels. They taunt her everyday.. they jump from branch to branch.. they come down the tree trunk and stare her down, daring her to come after them. All the while she sits at the back door and watches, perched to attack at any moment. She will run upstairs and jump on the bed and look at them in the tree, then speed back down the stairs and race to the back door and stare them down there. All the while shaking, literally quivering ready to pounce. She is quite the hunter. I know it's in her blood but she is just crazy when it comes to those squirrels! It is her daily obsessions and/or entertainment. She must burn a ton of calories just quivering as she watches those darn squirrels!

I am participating in Jenny Matlock's Alphabe Thursday.

"S" is for Skylar and the Squirrel.
Jenny Matlock






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is with dogs and squirrels :-P Glad she gets some good exercise watching them :-P

Liz Mays said...

She looks so funny sitting there watching them!

Judie said...

My granddogs love to chase the squirrels. They are coming for a visit in about a week, and they will be sadly disappointed because in the 13 years we have lived here, I have only had ONE squirrel in my back yard!

Jackie said...

I love your squirrel and your dog post . Wonderful !

Jackie said...

Oh I also just wanted to say "Hi" and "I love the title of your blog and your signature is brilliant!"

Have a Great Weekend!

H said...

She's have fun in my garden then too :D

Anonymous said...

my aussie shep BEAR is NUTS about squirrels...we have 2 maple trees in the front yard and she manages to get a SQ up the tree...the trees are close enough so they can jump from one to the other...so there she is, first @ one tree, then the other, back and forth...she stays out until dark before she'll let them alone =) Cute post...
~victoria~

Unknown said...

This was sweet. Your post shows that dogs can be interested in squirrels. Would she hunt the squirrel if she were let out?
Nice S-post.
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's AT-S, S is for Swedish Summer in books

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

smart observations.
how fun to look at the images and smile.

Cheers.
u rock.

Jenny said...

I loved this post Bonnie.

I just smiled through the story and the pictures.

I never see squirrels here in Arizona. They might be at higher altitudes but not in the low desert. I'm probably nuts but I kinda/sorta miss 'em.

And it would be fun to watch my dog go nuts over them for sure!

Thanks for the smiling stop on our little journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "S".

This was super.

A+