Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back to Summer Vacation

Today was the boys last day of school for 3 weeks. It was kind of funny getting into the school, homework mode and then suddenly back to summer vacation. They both enjoyed school but I know they will enjoy having some more summer. I really couldn't have asked for a better experience for them making the transition back to our neighborhood school and for Alex the first time to be in a public school. Alex seems to thrive on socialization. I really thought he would have a harder time but he really has loved it so far.

Connor is doing fine also. The math is different then he is used to but his teacher has paired him up with another student as kind of a mentor. Thank you Mrs. Nelson for giving Connor such a good math base otherwise the transition would be harder. It's called "Everyday Math" and it's a little different then we were taught in school. It all comes back to the basics but goes about getting there a little differently. I even had to rack my brain a little to help with homework.

We don't have any big plans for the next three weeks other than going swimming, maybe Elitches, just goofing off. Alex has his last baseball game of the season on Saturday and then no more sports until Football. I think it starts the beginning of September.

I hope you all are having a good summer!

No comments: