Sunday, May 1, 2011

Custom Longboard

The boys enjoy Longboarding. For those of you who don't know, basically it's just an extra long skateboard but whatever you do DO NOT call it a skateboard. I get corrected quite often.

They come in all colors and designs. Alex's was yellow and looked like this...


I'm not sure how it came up but Alex wanted a new design. He thought it would be cool to have a Skate Longboard that looked like Eddie Van Halen's guitar.


So Mark got to work.. I wish I would have captured some pictures of the process.. sanding, painting, taping, more painting..etc.

Here is a picture of it almost completed.



And here is the finished product! Alex loves it!


8 comments:

The Bailey Family said...

Ok --- that is awesome --- Mark can do anything!!! I bet Alex loved the finished product!

Liz Mays said...

That is just too cool that he can customize things like that! Alex is lucky!

Anonymous said...

ooh I love it! Mark did a great job and it looks really cool!

Jenny said...

Cool skateboard, I mean, longboard!

Paige said...

So cool, I love that longboard.

Unknown said...

i love the desgin of the longbaord if you would consider making a longbaord deck like that for me cause i love the eddie van halen design i could pay you please reply with an answer of yes or no and how much send an email to doggboy11@hotmail.com

Mahmud said...

Good longboards!!!!!! But Why hasn't longboarding caught on in the skater circles? I had a Dreggs (sp?) when i was younger and i could do some decent stuff because it was short enough, but i also had a much larger one

Lewis said...

Hey I’m new to long boards like many, but have no clue what brand, flex, size, etc. I should be looking at. I am currently in University and would like something to get around campus (sometimes can get a little crowded so I might need something that can maneuver well) but also something to cruise with, to get from one spot to the next (usually kilometers apart). I am 6 feet tall if that helps haha. I would appreciate any advice considering I’m kind of lost.