Sunday, May 15, 2011

"D" is for Double Chocolaty Chip!

This was going to be my "D" post for Alphabe Thursday but I didn't get linked in time. Blogger was having problems when I wrote it and then I forgot to go back and link... Sorry Ms. Jenny, my assignment is late!

Oh Well, here it is anyway.


For Mother's Day, Alex wrote this for me.


This is what it says..

One Special Moment

One special moment is when you wake me up in the morning :(. Then you tell me to get in the shower :(. When I get out you say, "It is Starbucks day" :). After I eat breakfast and we get in the car and talk about what we are going to get I say "I want the Double chocolaty chip. I love the Double chocolaty chip". After we pull out of the hot garage we head to Starbucks. When we order I get the cold Double chocolaty chip :). I sip it down then you drop me off at student council. That is a special moment :).

Alex has Student Council once or twice a month. It's always on a Thursday which happens to be my day off :) So on those days Alex goes into school early. We drop Connor off and still have a little time before Alex has to be at school so we decided one day to go to Starbucks to kill time. It then became our little tradition. We have had some great one on one time and some really good conversations. I was happy to see that these times are as special to Alex as they have been to me!

We never kept it a secret but apparently Connor didn't know about our little Starbucks dates. I guess I will have to come up with something for he and I. I think he misses a lot of what's going on between having his Ipod earbuds in or texting :) Teenagers! haha Maybe now he will be a little more engaged, you think??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect one on one date time! You will have to find something for you and Connor to do :-)

Jenny said...

I can link it at the end if you want, but everyone is off reading and commenting this week. Let me know if you want me to re-open linky and put it on there.

This note was really sweet. I'm glad you have such tender boys!

Liz Mays said...

I think it's so sweet how special those little trips have become to him. :)