Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I lost my mom almost 9 years ago. It's hard to believe it's been that long. I sure miss her but she's still very much alive in my heart. This is a picture of her holding Connor. He was only 2 1/2 yrs old when she passed away. Alex was born 3 days after she passed away. It was such a bittersweet time. I had a Mom whos whole life revolved around her family. She had her own interests like playing the piano (beautifully) and her flower beds but we always came first. I don't remember ever not having a home cooked meal or ever coming home from school and her not being there. Miss you Mom!



My other Mom. Thank you mom for taking me under your wing all those years ago. You accepted me right away. We have sure made a lot of memories through the years.. vacations, visits, babies being born...... I could go on and on but you've been there for all of it!


and this is what's sitting on my table!!! I can't wait

to see what's inside.

3 comments:

The Bailey Family said...

Bonnie -I can't believe it has been 9-years since your mother passed away...this was a beautiful tribute to her! I love the picture of her holding Connor -she is VERY proud.

-Happy Mother's Day-

Your Mother’s Day gifts are so beautifully wrapped -you will have to let us know what you got :-)

Terra said...

What was it? What was it? You are a wonderful mom Bonnie! Happy Mothers day.

Lindsay said...

awww such a sweet post to your mom! I am sure each mother's day is a little bitter sweet. I am sure she is smiling down at you and your handsome sons!