Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving visit to Wichita

We had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope you all did too! We traveled to Wichita and made a couple of stops along the way. The first stop was in Oakley, Ks. at the
Fick Museum. It is a fossil museum where mostof the fossils were part of the Fick family's collection that they found right in the Oakley area.




The second stop along I70 was The Sternberg Museum in Hays Ks. We were there last May so I won't bore you with more pictures.

We spent Thanksgiving at Susie's. Grandma Dot, my Dad, My brother Jerry, my neice Amanda and her husband Freddie joined us. It was really nice to all be together. Before our dinner the boys picked up leaves for Grandma and drove the tractor..

Click to play Thanksgiving Day 2008

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

Make a Smilebox slideshow
We got to celebrate my brother's birthday on Friday night. We had homemade tacos and ice cream cake. We celebrated at my dad's house. It was the four of us, Jerry, his daughter (my neice) Amanda, my Dad and Aunt JoAnn.

On Saturday we celebrated Susie's birthday. We went to her favorite Mexican restaurant.. "Connie's". It has been in Wichita for years. Harrison Ford frequents it quite a lot when he's in town buying airplanes or having them maintenanced.

Click to play Jerry and Mom's birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


We visited the Kansas Aviation Museum From 1935 to 1954 it was the main airport in Wichita. It is right by Boeing and McConnell AFB. Grandma and Grandpa remembered coming to this airport as small children.

Click to play Kansas Aviation Museum
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Terra said...

You guys were SUPER busy and sounds like fun was had by all! I can't believe we only 3 weeks till Christmas - I am still recovering from Thanksgiving.

The Bailey Family said...

Wow -it looks like you guys had a great holiday weekend and were able to pack lots of fun stuff into the long weekend!!