Sunday, January 11, 2009

Julie update


I wanted to share some good news with all of you. I talked to my sister last night and she came home on Saturday! She is planning to go back to work Monday. I think she really exceeded a lot of the expectations of doctors regarding her recovery. I told you she was strong. She is just an amazing person and I'm proud to have her as my sister. She wanted me to thank you again for all your prayers and positive thoughts you sent her way. I'm sure it played no small part in her recovery. She also has said she feels better than she has in years. In case you are not familiar with the situation, you can go back to the original post. and the first update.

She also had to make a decision to give up her pet bird that she has had for many years and is very close too. Scarlett is an Orange Wing Amazon Parrot . They really bond with their owners and Julie and Scarlett were very close so I know it was a very hard decision to give her up. It was just too hard for her to take care of. Julie, I'm sure you and Scarlett will miss one another but you are both off to a new adventure and new chapter in your lives.

Julie...this one's for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne5bKbW4rxg

4 comments:

Becky said...

Three cheers for Julie! What a trooper. Looks like 2009 is going to be a great year for a lot of us!

Terra said...

So glad to hear the good news, and enjoyed the video too! Julie, keep staying strong...sounds like you are good at beating the odds your strength will carry you far.

Grams said...

Bonnie - that is "smiling" news!

The Bailey Family said...

Bon -this is wonderful news!!