Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let it snow... let it snow.... let it snow???

For those of you who don't know, we got a big snow on Thursday and into Friday. They actually called for school closures before the snow even began. They knew it was going to be a big one. The boys were thrilled to wake up on Friday and find they had another snow day! Only in Colorado do you get snow days when a lot of the country is out for Spring break. Although by Colorado standards it wasn't huge. Altogether we probably got 12-14 inches at our house. Mark and the boys spent the entire first day out shoveling snow onto our front yard snow hill. Mark was glad he had hung on to the Hay bales we normally use for Halloween (for our pumpkins) and then when the first snow arrives he starts stacking the snow on them and creates a hill. "We" try to keep the hill going all winter by stacking snow onto the hill everytime it snows. This winter we didn't have a lot so didn't have the hill for very long.. glad we got a second chance... (I say we.. the most I did was walk out a few times and take pictures) I did wish I could get in on the action a little more, but due to my recent surgery I had to sit inside with a hot cup of coffee or tea and work puzzles....hmmmmmmmm poor me, it really was torture :)

Mark pretty much wore himself out. He was literally out shoveling and working on the sledding hill for hours on Thursday. When he came in he was frozen and just a "tad" sore.. He was having so much fun I think he lost track of time. I think he forgets he's not 20 yrs old anymore. I think that is a good thing even if he has some sore muscles.

Here are some pictures...

The first day.. Thursday


2nd day.. Friday. The sun was out and it felt like 70 degrees. Thus my kids in short sleeve shirts. I tried to tell them to put on a jacket but I got "MOM!" It's SO hot! So back to my puzzle I went.

2 comments:

Femin Susan said...

Here it is hot. Melt away snow....

The Bailey Family said...

I love the action shot of Alex sledding...that is an awesome picture! So much snow...it reminds me of Christmas a few years ago. Lila's CO Cousins will have to teach her how to sled!