Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Secret of Weight loss..

Now that I have your attention.......................

For those of you who didn't see my Four F's post , I have been having a problem with my Gall Bladder. I will be having it taken out on Monday. Although I will miss it (not) I think I will feel much better when it's gone. I've had to watch very carefully, everything I put in my mouth "gasp!" I may have even lost a couple of pounds, imagine that! I think I may be on to something here. It's the Gallbladder diet! Basically there are 2 simple steps; 1. Eat smaller portions 2. Cut out greasy and fatty foods. What a concept! Who needs those fancy diet plans. Of course now that I've shared the true secret to weight loss with you I will have to trust that you won't pass it around until I've published my new book "The true secret to losing weight in 2 easy steps". But just remember, you heard it here first.

I think it's a good thing the surgery is on Monday because I've just about gotten all the goody out of it that I can. At first the boys were concerned and understanding if I didn't feel well, but I think they are over it. Well at least there is still the surgery. I'm sure I will be pretty tired and maybe a little sore for at least a couple of days. It's going to be pretty tough laying around all day reading and watching tv. Oh well, that's life right? :)

So I was wondering.. as soon as I get rid of this pesky gall bladder, who is up for Mexican food? Or no wait maybe a juicy cheese burger.. Or maybe something fried?

9 comments:

Me said...

I had mine out a coupla years ago. I haven't missed it since. Good luck with your surgery!

Jenni Jiggety said...

You need to work that sympathy for as long as you can, Bonnie!

Alicia said...

I had that same surgery several years ago. You will be sore. Take it easy! Let your family pamper you for a few days

Life with Kaishon said...

PS Funny diet tips...

Life with Kaishon said...

My Daddy just had the surgery on Monday. I was so worried about him. I mean, even though it is an uneccesary body part, it still scares me that he had to be under anestasia and a knife.... I will pray for you next week!

The Bailey Family said...

Cut out greasy fried foods?! NEVER! I will take you out for Mexican food in July!!

I'll be thinking about you Monday...Love you-
Tam

Grams said...

Bonnie, good luck with the surgery. I'll be thinking about you. Loved your post. Made me laugh. BTW that sitting around stuff is not all that it is cracked up to be. Been doing in for 2 weeks now-the word is bored!!!

fortyb4forty said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Hope you're feeling better soon!
You're the third person I've heard having this surgery this month...maybe its a sign of spring.
Take care!

Terra said...

I am there! I am glad Alicia posted a comment. Nice to hear from someone who has done it recently

HANG IN THERE!