Saturday, March 21, 2009
What's happening to me....?
I'm going to be honest here. I have not been very pleasant to be around. I know, I know, it's really hard to believe but it's true. I guess it's partly nerves about the surgery and just not feeling well in general.. not that it is an excuse but that's my story and yes, I'm sticking to it!
I'm going to confess it all here so that hopefully I can go into my surgery Monday and come out a new woman.. no pesky gall bladder problems and a clear conscience.
I am not very proud of my behavior so I think it will be easier to use the Not Me Monday carnival form, even though it isn't Monday yet... so here goes.
1. I did not sneer at a coach yesterday as we were walking across the field for our first flag football game of the season and say "Well, at least we don't have that a-hole for a coach" :0
2. My husband did not look at me like "who are you and what did you do with my wife?" (at that moment even I thought "did I say that out loud??"
3. He also didn't say something like "well, that's a little rough!"
(in my defense, we've played this coach a couple of times and lets just say he's one of those coaches who live vicariously through 7 and 8 yr old boys and is not nice)
4. I have not had to apologize to my 11 yr old twice or maybe three times for overreacting and barking at him when it really wasn't deserved.
5. I did not tell my husband to watch out for a traffic light close to our house because it didn't seem to be working properly. I had a green light and went to turn left and the oncoming traffic started coming too.. I got the hands thrown up in the air and dirty look from a man. I thought what is his problem? I had the green light!
a) my husband did not look at me and blankly nod.
b) I did not NOT have a green arrow only a green light :O
c) when this dawned on me I did not consider turning over my drivers license right then and there.
( I did confess to Mark later in the day what I had done and he said.. I knew something wasn't right with that but I watched that "darn" light everytime I went through it today.)
6. I did not announce to my family that we are not doing our usual 20 minutes of reading together because I am watching American Idol!
I think I will leave it at that. There is more I'm sure but I think you get the picture :)
I would love to hear any stories you may have of your less than finest moments. Come on, you can tell me. Look at me, I just admitted all this to all of you and I'm going to publish it before I change my mind.