Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random thoughts

I can't seem to put a good post together so here are a few things rattling around in my brain...

Why does my belly button still hurt? (that's where they put the camera during the surgery)

I miss my quiet hour of computer time in the morning before the kiddos wake up. (Now I'm puppy training)


It would be so much easier to puppy train if the snow would go away but looks like more is on the way.
From Snow days


Need to think about getting Easter Basket stuff.. have a few things but need a few more.

Should I give up on the 1000 pc puzzle I started and worked on after my surgery when I didn't feel like doing much else, not getting any help from the boys and it's taking up the whole coffee table. Also it's parts have been knocked off more than once onto the floor.

No I think I will keep working on the @%#* thing! I'm not a quitter. It's now officially a quest!

I am scheduled to volunteer in Alex's class today. Has the "I had surgery" excuse expired? Could I use it today? No, I would feel too guilty. Darn.

Time to stop winging dinner.. need to get back to planning meals, not in the mood but makes life easier. Hard to plan when I don't have much of an appetite. Isn't that selfish??

Speaking of appetite.. I think it's the first time in my life I haven't had an appetite. Maybe they accidently took it out with my gall bladder.. :0

I can't believe I was up with a crying puppy at 12:30am. What have we done??????????

Skylar (the new puppy) is wonderful and I'm glad we have her but as everyone knows it's a lot of work. My "baby" is 8 so I've kind of forgotten what a newborn is like. Oh yea, now I remember, no sleep and cleaning up lots of poo.

But look at that face :)

From Skylar



My favorite show (Gray's Anatomy) is a dang rerun tonight!~

Need to schedule boys haircut........ grandma commented on their "long" hair she saw on the blog. They like it long and that's fine but needs a trim.

I hope Alex's teacher doesn't want to "discuss" his and other boys issues playing basketball at recess. Although I will have had more coffee by then and may be able to have an intelligent conversation. Or, I could use the surgery excuse, or maybe the "we have a new puppy" one :)

I hope Connor's teacher finds the $50 lunch money check I sent. I called the lunch lady yesterday and explained the check was "in the classroom" somewhere. I bet she never heard that one before. I know she has a hard job and I wouldn't trade places with her for anything, and would probably be grouchier than her, but I can't help but think of the "SOUP NAZI" from Seinfeld when the kids talk about her. "your acct is negative $3... NO LUNCH FOR YOU!





SHOOT! It's my turn for puppy duty again.. gotta go!

4 comments:

blueviolet said...

I was ticked about Grey's too but then I didn't feel as guilty about watching the series finale of ER.

Amber said...

How is it a whole lot of randomness amounts to a lot of somethings with you??! :-)

Terra said...

ok on the puzzle, Finish it! You should have set it up on the dining room table...coffee tables are tough.

On the appetite? Think of it as a super weight loss program you can stuff it to the wii age next week!

On the dog...Still glad it is you not me. But one thing my parent's did when they gave in to brad wanting a dog was make it his responsibility, he walked, he fed it, he took it to obediance school he did it all - that dog and Brad had a wonderful Bond. I have the name a GREAT trainer that will come right to your house and could speed up the whole process of having a great dog! Let me know if you want it.

Lindsay said...

ooo I so was upset about greys last night as well! I worked out on the Wii Fit instead :-P OO puppy training.. its tough.. but it makes me cringe everytime I think about potty training.. yikes!