Let me start off by saying for the past couple of months I haven't felt like myself. Mostly due to my health problems and surgery following. I'm feeling better but still not quite up to par. I woke up this yesterday about 3am thinking about how I missed my boys.
Even though we are together all the time with the exception of school I was missing them. I realized with feeling poorly I 've just been going through the motions. Yes I'm there when they wake up every morning and I get them breakfast, make lunches and snacks, make sure teeth are brushed etc.. all the Mom stuff then when they return home, homework, snack, dinner, get ready for bed..etc. But I haven't really been there mentally and emotionally. So this week I pledge to........................
1. Really listen to what they have to say. Stop what I'm doing, when I can, look them in the eye and make sure they know I'm really listening, (and not thinking about my next blog post :)
2. Join in with something they are doing.. they love that. Be it football, basketball, watching some silly video on you tube. Sometimes, ok most of the time, I don't want to do what they are doing. Obviously we have different interests. They are boys, but if I wait for them to want to do something I want to do we will never spend time together.
3. Be a better wife.. I haven't been very good company because I just don't feel great, but this week I'm going to make more of an effort to spend more time visiting with him. Even if it's about the news.. which I try to avoid at all cost (love you honey).
4. Dust... (get it?? I PLEDGE to dust..oh that's just bad).
5. Clean the bathrooms... no I mean REALLY clean. Not the half- a@@ wipe down to look clean cleaning that I've been doing for the past few days, ok weeks. I know. Ewwwww
6. Get out of the house more. I've become somewhat of a hermit.
7. EXERCISE.. take a walk, do something on the WII fit. Just get some oxygen flowing!
8. Finish the "thriller" I'm reading. Apparently it's not "thrilling" enough because I only read at night and I can't seem to get more than a few pages read before I'm asleep. Feels like I've been reading it forever! I want to move on to a new book. (It's actually a good book I think I'm just tired).
Now if I can manage all this and train our puppy girl Skylar. I will be set! Wish me luck.
Anything you want to pledge this week? Come on, take the "pledge" with me. I'd love to hear about it.
I wanted to share this picture. My friend Helen took with her new fancy Schmancy camera... I meant to include it in the sledding slide show I did last week but forgot. I thought it was a great picture of Alex.