Sunday, January 2, 2011

The House That Built Me...





Click to play this Smilebox slideshow







Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox







A slideshow design by Smilebox






We went home for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. I hadn't been home in a couple of years. My Dad still lives in the house I grew up in. I was thinking about how it always feels good to go home and sort of "touch base". That's kind of how it feels to me. No matter where you grew up there is just no place quite like home.

I was driving over to my Dads and heard this song. I've always loved it but it really touched me at that moment. I decided to take some pictures this time and brought a few old ones home with me. I didn't have time to really pick out all the pictures I would have liked to post but got a few. I wish I had more of my sister Julie and neice Faith. Maybe that will be another post for another time.

I have so many memories in this house. We moved in there when I was 5 years old and I lived there until I married Mark. My Mom is no longer with us but she is such a big part of this house I feel lucky I can still go back and touch base with my childhood. So many firsts in this house. Mark picked me up for our first date here :)

I know I've been a little "Smilebox" crazy lately but here is just one more....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww loved seeing these pictures! I wish I lived in the same house my whole life.. but when we travel around VA I get to visit a lot of the houses I lived in :-P but only from the outside ;-)

Becky said...

I've watched it 3 times! My favorites are the shot of the living room with the chair by the window and the door with the little window. It would be fun to alter those.

Jenny said...

That song always makes me cry.

I don't think you should think of yourself as smilebox crazy...I think we should think of ourselves as smilebox blessed!

This was lovely.

Happy New Year, dear lady.

Jenny said...

I just watched this again. This is amazing. You should save this for everyone in your family.

Still crying.

Unknown said...

I love the song, and your pictures remind me of my own home growing up. I lived in the same house from 5 until I was in college, and my parents build another house. I can't go home again, unless like in the song I beg to go inside once more. My parents don't even have the same furniture as we had when I was growing up, and now they are in a small apartment.
Thanks so much, sweet memories.

The Bailey Family said...

This is beautiful Bonnie -- I was trying to figure out how in the world I missed this, but our January 2011 was pretty eventful! I LOVE THIS-