Saturday, January 29, 2011

What I learned this week...



I am linking to Sitting On An Oak's What I learned this week. So head on over to see more of What others learned this week.

What I learned this Week...


I learned that 24 years goes much faster than you think it will! Mark and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary on Monday the 24th.

It has been quite a journey to say the least. We have so many priceless memories. We were married for 11 years before we had the boys, so we have a lot of pre-kids memories. We were married at 20 so we basically grew up together. I cherish those times when it was just he and I but our lives became so much richer after we started our family. Of course now we couldn't imagine our life without the boys. Then we added Max and Skylar (our dogs) and even though having pets can be cumbersome, they are now tightly woven into the fabric of our lives also.

Our wedding song was "Just you and I" by Crystal Gail and Eddie Rabbit". Does that age us or what? Just so you know the song wasn't new when we chose it to be "our" song ;)  Even though we have many wonderful family and friends who love us and care for us when it comes right down to the nitty gritty of life, this song has fit on so many occasions. We've had to pull together and draw from one anothers strength to make it through.

Every single time something has come up such as sitting in a doctors office and hearing those words "Mark you have cancer." He has looked into my eyes and I into his and without words knowing we were going to get through this together. Every once in awhile I still get stopped in my tracks when I think of how very lucky I was to find Mark at such a young age and know he was the one. I still can't believe how fortunate I am.

Happy Anniversary Honey!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mark. I love that you were so young, and have grown up together, so strong and so much in love.
The smilebox didn't work, but I'll check back. I love looking at pictures of anyone when they were young.
Wishing you 50 more years together and good health!!

Becky said...

You certainly are lucky! And guess what?? So is he. Happy Day to a great team!!

The Bailey Family said...

Happy Anniversary-!!! I can't believe it's been 24 years!! I couldn't play the slide show either (for whatever reason)...I'll try back later today -I can't wait to see the pictures :)

I love you guys --

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary. Love the picture of you both. I clicked on the smilebox several times but it wouldn't open. I always watch it when I am doing with my comment because sometimes it crashes my machine...but this time, it wouldn't open at all.

But I tried!

Happy Anniversary anyway!

Paige said...

Happy Anniversary!

Terra said...

I had chills reading this post. WOW