Friday, April 4, 2008

More Spring Break fun...

We had a fun day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. I think Connor could go there at least once a week and never get tired of it. We met one of Alex's friends from school. We saw an astronaut show in the planetarium. Of course we went through the prehistoric exhibit. There is so much to see. We find new things every time we go.

There were a couple of stations set up through the Prehistoric exhibit where volunteers for the museum show the kids fossils, dinosaur bones...etc. It was kind of funny to watch Connor because most of the information they share with kids is very basic for someone like Connor who has loved and studied dinosaurs, fossils, rocks etc.. since he was about 4 years old. (I'm not bragging, just sharing..haha) He was very polite (I was proud of him) but they soon realized that Connor knew a lot about the subject and one older man really enjoyed quizzing Connor on different fossils and bones. He was impressed with Connor's knowledge and to tell the truth I was too. It must be nice at such a young age to have a passion for something that you just can't get enough of it.. I hope it continues. Maybe he will someday be a paleontologist.

Alex also loves the museum but I think his passions lie elsewhere, mainly with music. He loves his Ipod and listens to it a lot, especially every time we get in the car. He likes a lot of different kinds of music. Anything from 80's and 90's rock, Lyle Lovett to Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. I haven't quite been able to bring him over to country music but I'm working on it!

I love sharing about our everyday life with you all. I would love to hear from you if you are reading this. Even just a quick comment would be great! Thanks.






No comments: