Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kansas trip continued...

When we were in Wichita we went to the Sedgwick County Zoo. Mark and I hadn't been there in years and they had added a lot of new stuff. It's a really great zoo. The kids liked it a lot. It started out a little rainy but was just nice cloudy and mild the rest of the day. We were there for about five hours. We went with Grandma Mickey (Susie) and Grandpa Russ. My brother Jerry and my neice Amanda met us there. It was a nice family day.

They had added a new penguin exhibit. For those of you who don't know Alex loves penguins, so he enjoyed that a lot. The kids also really liked the petting zoo area. they've had that since I was a kid. They have goats that come and eat right out of your hand. They had a baby goat (I guess that would be a kid) that was so cute. They also had a giraffe feeding area. We got to it just a few minutes before it closed. I never knew how long a giraffes tongue was! Also feels like slimy sand paper...If you can imagine that. It was a neat experience though.




Click to play Day at the Zoo
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: